New beginnings

New beginnings

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Roses from Heaven


A few weeks ago, I was reviewing emails, cleaning my inbox. Then I came across my niece's email. She shared a very inspiring story, a story that shows how much God loves us and that He will answer our prayers, if only we would knock on His door and ask. My niece included a novena to St. Therese of the Child Jesus - one that involves praying 24 Glory be's and the Novena to St. Therese. Her story about how her prayers have been answered to the last minor detail has inspired me to pray the novena. My sister has a condition that has no cure, only treatments for her symptoms. She was scheduled for another major surgery and I knew in my heart that she was scared this time around. And this was reason enough to pray for her. I prayed every night and even created the mood for prayer by listening to Christian music. The novena's story states that when your prayers are going to be answered, you will see or receive red roses from heaven. I haven't even finished my nine day novena and I already started seeing these roses, and this brought joy to my heart because I know God will extend His healing touch and heal my sister. Sometimes I find myself doubting and asking myself how sure I was, and then from out of nowhere, on tv, in magazines or anywhere, I would see the rose/s. And then my faith would just bounce back and happiness just envelopes me. Within these nine days, I found another novena to St. Therese, tucked in my Bible, and if those roses weren't enough to show me that God was reaching out to me through St. Therese, this did. This morning I was looking at pictures of a friend on Facebook, and guess who's image I saw? An image of St. Therese of the Child Jesus looking straight at me, smiling. So now tell me, is there ever any doubt that my prayers are answered? Nope, nothing, because in my heart I know God has heard my prayers.
My sister is still in the hospital recovering, but she is doing very well...and I know that when she gets better, she would be 100% well.
I love you Jesus! Thank you for hearing my prayers.

As promised, I am sharing this novena to everyone who reads my blog and give each one of you a chance to knock on God's door and ask Him for His help, His love and His understanding.

NOVENA OF 24 GLORY BE TO THE FATHER TO
ST. THERESE OF THE CHILD JESUS
AND THE
HOLY FACE OF SPECIAL FAVORS

The twenty four Glory Be to the Father Novena can be said anytime, any day. However, the 9th and 17th of the month is particularly recommended for those days the petitioner joins all those making the novena.

PRAYER

St. Therese the Little Flower, pick me a rose from your heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I implore. Tell Him I will love him each day more and more.
24 Glory be...between each Glory be, say "St. Therese of the Child Jesus, pray for us."

PRAYER TO ST. THERESE

Most Blessed Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I ask you thru the merits of St. Therese of the Child Jesus during the 24 years of her earthly life, to obtain for me thru her intercession this grace _______(mention request)

MIRACULOUS INVOCATION TO ST THERESE

O Glorious St. Therese, whom Almighty God has raised up to aid and counsel mankind, I implore your Miraculous Intercession. So powerful are you in obtaining every need of body and soul, that our Holy Mother Church proclaims you a "Prodigy of Miracles...the Greatest Saint of Modern Times." Now I fervently beseech you to answer my petition (mention here) and to carry out your promises of spending Heaven doing good upon earth...of letting fall from heaven a Shower of Roses. Henceforth, dear Little Flower, I will fulfill your plea "to be made known everywhere" and I will never cease to lead others to Jesus through you. Amen.

THE ORIGIN OF THE NOVENA

Fr. Putigan, a Jesuit, began the novena to St. Therese of the Child Jesus on December 3, 1925 to ask this saint for one great favor. For nine days he recited the "Glory Be..." twenty four times each day, thanking the Holy Trinity for the favors and graces showered on St. Therese during her twenty four years she lived on earth. The priest asked the said that, as a sign that his novena was heard, he would receive from someone a freshly plucked rose. On the third day, an unknown person was looking for Fr. Putigan and presented him with a beautiful rose.
Fr. Putigan began a second novena on December 24 of the same year. As a sign, he asked for a white rose. On the fourth day of this novena, one of the Sister Nurses brought him a white rose with these words: "St. Therese sent you this rose."
The priest was amazed and so he asked:"Where did you get it?" "I was in the chapel," said the sister, "as I was leaving, I passed by the altar above which hangs a beautiful picture of St. Therese. This rose fell on my feet, I want to put it back into the bouquet, but I thought instead of bringing it to you.
Fr. Putigan received the favors he had petitioned of the Little Flower of Jesus. He promised to spread the novena to increase devotion to her and thus bring her more honor. In this fashion, from the 9th tot he 17th of the month, those who want the novena of "Twenty Four Glory Be to the Father" should add to those of their own, the intentions of all who are at the time making the novena, thus forming one great prayer in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment